Mammoth Moments in Miniature: Wednesday, Oct. 2

Mammoth Moments in Miniature provides quick updates on campus happenings. This week’s edition includes the campus sustainability gold star rating, a petition calls for the end to the town library project, and AC Votes sends out personalized voter information to students.

Campus Sustainability Gold Star Rating

The Office of Sustainability announced that the college has received an AASHE STARS Gold Rating for campus sustainability efforts. The STARS Sustainability Tracking, Assessment, and Rating System measures sustainability performance through numerical scores. The college had a more than 40% score increase to 67.18 compared to a silver star in 2019.

Petition Calls for End to Town Library Project

As tensions rise surrounding the Jones Library building project, community groups circulated a petition calling for its end. The petition, which received over 1,000 signatures, calls for repairs rather than demolition. Organizers attribute their frustration with the project to the large price tag, sustainability issues, harms to the library’s historic features, and drawn-out timeline.

AC Votes Sends Out Voter Information

AC Votes sent students personalized voter information this Tuesday. They provided deadlines and details for registration sorted by state, as well as links with more information and eligibility. The post office can provide free stamps and envelopes for ballots.