Mammoth Moments in Miniature: Wednesday, Oct. 9

Mammoth Moments in Miniature provides quick updates on campus happenings. This week’s edition features the national voter education week, the college’s annual major fair, and a panel with the League of Women Voters.

The annual major fair takes place this Thursday. Photo courtesy of Aaron Williams ’26

National Voter Education Week

AC Votes will be tabling throughout this week as part of National Voter Education Week. They plan on advertising political-based campus events and helping students with voter registration, eligibility, and absentee ballots. AC Votes will also partner with the post office to provide free materials for mailing registration forms and ballots at no cost to students.

Major Fair

The college will be hosting a major fair on Thursday, Oct. 10, from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., in the Middleton gym within the Alumni gym. The fair offers the opportunity for undecided students to speak to student representatives from every major at the college. The fair will also include the chance to enter a raffle to win a $50 gift card prize.

League of Women Voters of Amherst Panel

The Women’s and Gender Center and the League of Women Voters of Amherst will be holding a panel on Wednesday, Oct. 9, about the history of the League and the current political landscape with women’s and reproductive rights. The panel will be held from 5:30 to 7 p.m. in the Friedmann Room of the Keefe Campus Center. The panel is offering students the opportunity to submit questions for the panel ahead of time.