Mammoth Moments in Miniature: March 30 to April 5

Mammoth Moments in Miniature provides quick updates on notable campus news that has occurred since the last issue. In this week’s edition: housing selection dates are announced, AAS solicits nominations for its Distinguished Teaching award, and more.

Housing Selection To Open Next Week

Housing selection for the upcoming academic year will begin on Tuesday, April 11 — when seniors’ selection windows open — followed by rising juniors on Wednesday, and rising sophomores on Thursday. The housing portal, however, is already open for students to explore potential options, choose a proxy selector, and begin roommate matching.

AAS Solicits Nominations for AAS Distinguished Teaching Award

The AAS announced the opening of the nomination process for the AAS Distinguished Teaching Award in an email to the student body on March 30. The award, established in 2000, is designed to celebrate teaching excellence at the college and “recognize the profound importance that involved, engaging and dedicated professors have upon our college experience.” Students interested in nominating a professor for the award can access the nomination form through the aforementioned email.

Prize for Testing New Library Tool

Frost Library is testing a new search platform for potential implementation in its library resources, and looking for students to participate in a usability test. Students who volunteer for the test, which will last approximately 45 to 60 minutes, will receive a $25 gift card to Amazon or a local business. The form to participate in the usability test can be accessed in the Daily Mammoth.