With Honors: Alicia Menezes '08 and Eric NeSmith '09

Sometimes a simple change can do wonders. NeSmith can attest to this fact, as the rookie has been a stand-out player on the football team since switching from defensive back to tailback just a few weeks ago. In addition to 76 rushing yards, NeSmith earned his first collegiate touchdown in the fourth quarter to solidify Saturday’s stunning 28-9 win over Colby College. NeSmith has already jumped to fourth on the team in rushing yards, and also ranks fourth in all-purpose yardage and fifth in total offense. NeSmith earned NESCAC Rookie of the Week accolades for his performance.

�Alicia Menezes ’08

The Jeffs dominated the competition at this weekend’s New England Women’s Intercollegiate Tennis Tournament. One Jeff in particular shone among all the other players. Sophomore sensation Menezes captured her number-three singles flight before teaming with senior tri-captain Kristen Raverta to sweep the number-one doubles championship. Menezes’ outstanding performance led Amherst to first place with 41 points, 10 points ahead of second-place archrival Williams College. The women’s fall season is over, but Menezes will surely be a player to watch in the spring season as the Jeffs aim for their first NCAA championship since 1999.