With Honors: Josh Rilla '06 and Ashley Harmeling '05

In the top singles position, Rilla led the 6-2 Jeffs to two convincing victories last weekend over the Connecticut College Camels (0-3) and the Wesleyan University Cardinals (2-6). Rilla won both of his singles matches in two sets, crushing his Camel, 6-0, 6-0, and taking down the number-one Cardinal, 6-1, 6-4. Against both squads, Rilla teamed up with classmate and second singles player Danny Babkes to defeat their opponents in first doubles. Rilla will continue to be a powerful presence on the court as Amherst looks to improve its record this weekend against Williams College and New York and Drew Universities.

� Ashley Harmeling ’05

After racking up 10 goals and five assists in two Amherst victories against Springfield College and NESCAC opponent Williams College last week, Harmeling earned NESCAC Women’s Lacrosse Player of the Week honors on Monday. Despite missing the Jeffs’ season opener, Harmeling is still the NESCAC leader in scoring with 7.50 points per game (five goals and 2.50 assists per game). The senior forward seems poised to continue her reign from last season, when she led the NESCAC with 75 goals and 52 assists for a total of 127 points. The Jeffs face undefeated NESCAC rival Trinity College this afternoon.