With Honors: Mike Pohorylo '04 and Jackie Sargent '04

Pohorylo concluded his collegiate swimming career last weekend in thrilling fashion in St. Louis, Mo. at the NCAA Div. III Championship Meet, where he won first place in both the 100- and 200-yard breaststroke races. With a time of 56.20 in the 100- and 2:00.97 in the 200-, Pohorylo set new school records. Pohorylo also placed 11th in the 200-yard individual medley as well as helping the 400-yard medley relay take bronze. His performance helped the Jeffs finish seventh overall. Tri-captain midfielder Sargent was named the Div. III Women’s Lacrosse National Player of the Week by Inside Lacrosse magazine. Sargent had four goals and three assists in the team’s second win of the season over eighth-ranked Mary Washington College. Sargent, a Second-Team IWLCA All-New England selection in 2003, has continued her stellar play early in 2004. She will need to continue to excel to keep Amherst’s number-two national ranking and defend last season’s national championship.

Pohorylo concluded his collegiate swimming career last weekend in thrilling fashion in St. Louis, Mo. at the NCAA Div. III Championship Meet, where he won first place in both the 100- and 200-yard breaststroke races. With a time of 56.20 in the 100- and 2:00.97 in the 200-, Pohorylo set new school records. Pohorylo also placed 11th in the 200-yard individual medley as well as helping the 400-yard medley relay take bronze. His performance helped the Jeffs finish seventh overall.

Tri-captain midfielder Sargent was named the Div. III Women’s Lacrosse National Player of the Week by Inside Lacrosse magazine. Sargent had four goals and three assists in the team’s second win of the season over eighth-ranked Mary Washington College. Sargent, a Second-Team IWLCA All-New England selection in 2003, has continued her stellar play early in 2004. She will need to continue to excel to keep Amherst’s number-two national ranking and defend last season’s national championship.