All Stars in Action, David Moore

Moore decided that a portion of the money he earned would go to poor families who could not afford the fee to stay in the House and the remainder to the Foundation itself. So far, Moore has collected $3,000 and hopes to raise $10,000 by October 30 when the account is closed.

“It was an adventure every day for two months,” said Moore. “Some days I hated it and some days I loved it.”

Moore’s trip started off in Massachusetts; 65 days later he had reached his destination point on the West Coast: California. Averaging a grueling 60 miles a day, Moore’s journey was no easy feat, and he often had to struggle to remain motivated. Over the course of his journey, Moore used 80-90 rollerblade wheels. He skated approximately eight hours a day as he crossed through states such as Pennsylvania, Kentucky and New Mexico.

“The first week was definitely the toughest … The first week was pure torture, and I just didn’t want to be embarrassed,” said Moore. “After this, I realized that I owed it to myself, the Neely Foundation and the people that they help to give it my best shot.”

Moore’s trip was not just about earning money for the Neely Foundation or skating, it was a personal experience he will never forget.”At different times it was exhausting, exhilarating, encouraging … and often it would be these things all in one day,” said Moore. “I had some of the best days and some of the worst days of my life.”