Campus Police Log Nov. 3 to Nov. 15

>>Nov. 3, 2020

1:40 p.m. Campus Grounds

An officer took a report of stolen heaters. They were later found to not be stolen.

>>Nov. 4, 2020

3:55 a.m., Frost Library

Officers responded to a report of two protective screens and a computer monitor knocked over in the library. There are no known suspects at this time. 

5:24 p.m., Frost Library

Officers responded to a report of an individual climbing a wall.  The individual stopped upon officers’ arrival and left the area without issue.

>>Nov. 5, 2020

10:18 a.m. Nicolis Biondi

Officers responded to an alarm and found it was set off by burnt food. 

12:23 p.m., Boltwood Avenue

An officer stopped a vehicle traveling the wrong way down a one way road.  The individual was not affiliated with the College and was directed off campus.

2:41 p.m., Campus Grounds

An officer responded to a call on the emergency line where no one answered the dispatcher.  There were no issues found in the area.

>>Nov. 6, 2020

2:49 p.m., Campus Grounds

An officer responded at the request of Residential Life to a report of a group setting up a drinking game.  No one was found in the area.

5:30 p.m., Barret Hill Dr.

An officer responded to a report of a possible unauthorized delivery of food.  There were no issues upon the officer’s arrival.

>>Nov. 7, 2020

2:56 p.m, The Quadrangle

An officer responded to a report of individuals not affiliated with the campus walking in the area and violating College policy.  The officer did not find anyone in the area not affiliated with the College.

10:33 p.m., Campus Grounds

Officers addressed loud yelling in an area and found an unauthorized party.  The group was dispersed.

>>Nov. 8, 2020

12:28 a.m., Morris Pratt

An officer responded to a call on the emergency line where no one responded to the dispatcher. There were no issues in the area.

1:04 a.m., The Quadrangle

Residential Life was notified and responded to a report of loud music and voices.

1:26 a.m, Valentine Quad

Officers responded at the request of Residential Life for an unauthorized party. The group dispersed upon officers’ arrival.

11:31 a.m., Greenway Building C

An officer took a report of damage to exit signs.

12:16 p.m., The Quadrangle

An officer responded to a report of two individuals on campus that were not affiliated with the College and not following College guidelines. They left the area prior to the officer’s arrival.

7:59 p.m., Science Center

Officers responded to an alarm and found it was set off by someone opening a Defibrillator cabinet, and did not need to use it. They were advised not to tamper with the cabinet.

>>Nov. 10, 2020

10:15 p.m, Mayo Smith House

Officers responded to an alarm and found it was set off by burnt sage.

>>Nov. 11, 2020

2:05 a.m, Mead Art Museum

Officers found two individuals on the roof that were not permitted there. The two were escorted off of the roof

2:21 a.m, Mead Art Museum

Officers confiscated marijuana from two individuals.

>>Nov. 13, 2020

10:39 a.m., Off-Campus Location

An officer took a report of a disturbing email.

10:15 p.m., Cohan Dormitory

Residential Life responded to a report of an unauthorized party.

>>Nov. 14, 2020

12:20 a.m., Mayo Smith House

Officers and Residential Life staff responded to a noise complaint by a town resident to the Amherst town police. The students dispersed upon officers’ arrival.

12:50 a.m., Hitchcock House

Officers responded at the request of Residential Life staff for assistance with a group climbing a tree. The group dispersed upon the officers’ arrival.

1:27 p.m., Hitchcock House

Officers responded at the request of Residential Life staff to assist with an unauthorized party

>>Nov. 15, 2020

12:07 a.m., Nicholls Biondi Hall

Officers responded to an alarm and found it was set off by burnt popcorn.

12:54 a.m., Appleton Hall

Officers responded to a report of an altercation observed by Residential Life staff.  Upon arrival, officers spoke with a group involved in the altercation and dispersed the group.