National College Democrats elect Geldon '04 to VP spot

“The College Democrats of America aims to energize and mobilize students across the country by building membership and providing resources to students for effective organizing,” said Geldon. “Also, CDA aims to empower students by increasing their influence in the Democratic Party and making sure the issues they care about are taken seriously.”

Geldon has several of his own goals for his term as vice president. “Over the next year, we’re going to work hard to make sure CDA is where it needs to be for the 2004 elections. The Democratic Party hasn’t done enough to make its case on most campuses, and I want to do what I can to make sure it does in next year’s elections,” he said.

Geldon will focus on the issues he believes to be the Democratic Party’s strong points. “On issues from the environment to the economy to student grants and loans, the Democratic Party is consistently more in sync with issues students care about than the Republican Party, and it will become even more in sync if more students become involved,” he said.

According to Geldon, his duties as national vice president include determining general organizational goals and specific political programs, helping to select students to implement these and working with Democratic officials to maximize the impact of the CDA.

Prior to his election to the vice presidency, Geldon was national communications director for the CDA. He has also served on the board of the College Democrats of Massachusetts and is a co-chair of the College branch of the CDA.

“I first started working on Democratic campaigns in 1998 and have been active since,” said Geldon.