​​Campus Police Log: March 8 to March 21

The latest installment of the Police Log, from March 8 to March 21, can be found here.

>>March 8, 2022

2:23 p.m., Service Building

An employee accidentally dialed 911. Upon police arrival there was no issue.

>>March 9, 2022

2:27 a.m., Ford Hall Loading Dock

A motor vehicle on the tow list with numerous citations and prior immobilizations and boots was parked in violation of the Winter Parking Ban and was towed.

3:22 p.m., Valentine Dining Hall

Amherst College Dispatch (AC Dispatch) reported a 911 hang up. AC Dispatch was able to contact the caller and verify it was accidental.

>>March 12, 2022

7:56 p.m., Greenway C Residence Hall

A student reported being threatened through social media to send money using an online “app.” A detective responded to investigate.

>>March 15, 2022

11:34 a.m., Greenway Lawn

A detective responded to a well-being check of an individual laying on the ground near Greenway dorms. After contact was made it was determined the student did not need further assistance.

>>March 16, 2022

6:50 a.m., College Street

A town resident complained about the grounds department using their equipment too early in the morning. Complaint was relayed to a supervisor.

>>March 20, 2022

4:43 a.m., Moore Dormitory/Barrett Hill Road

A sergeant and detective responded to the area of Barrett Hill Road and Moore Dormitory after hearing what sounded like glass objects being smashed on the ground. Amherst College Police Department (ACPD) searched the area with negative results.

11:33 a.m., College Street

A student reported a male, possibly intoxicated, walking down College Street in an erratic manner and almost walking into traffic. A sergeant responded to investigate. They located the male off campus and did not observe anything out of the ordinary.

8:13 p.m., Garman House

A detective responded to a report of suspicious belongings that were found in storage. Items were found to be from a student that is no longer at Amherst. Items were taken and will be disposed of.

>>March 21, 2022

4:40 p.m., Amherst College Police Department

A call was made to the emergency line (x2111) and then disconnected. Caller was unable to be identified because the phone number was blocked.

9:57 p.m., East Drive

A detective conducted a motor vehicle stop. Driver was given a verbal warning for traveling through a posted stop sign.