Campus Police Log: Sept. 21 to Oct. 4

Monday, September 21, 2020

10:22 a.m. Keefe Health Center

An officer responded to a call to the emergency line with no response from the caller. No one was in distress.

11:05 a.m. Valentine Dining Hall 

An officer responded to a report of an unknown individual tapping on windows of Valentine basement. The officer spoke with Valentine staff and that individual. Valentine staff confirmed to the officer that the person was a job applicant.

5:08 p.m. Morris Pratt 

Officers responded to a call on the emergency line and no response from anyone. No one was found in the area. 

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

9:00 a.m. Northampton Rd. 

A call was received of an individual aggressively attempting to draw attention to themselves from vehicles passing by. This occurred off campus and the Town of Amherst Police were notified. 

Thursday, September 24, 2020

10:56 a.m. Campus Grounds 

An officer took a report of two stolen “College Closed” signs. One sign was at the base of Tuttle Hill and the other sign was next to the bike path by South Amherst Drive.

9:06 p.m. South Parking Lot 

An officer spoke with a group of individuals gathered and in possession of alcohol. The person that claimed ownership of the alcohol was over the age of 21.

Friday, September 25, 2020

12:23 a.m. South Parking Lot 

An officer spoke with a group of students sitting in a car that was not registered on campus. The officer reminded them to follow College policy.

4:56 p.m. Athletic Fields 

An officer responded to a report of an injured animal. The animal was removed from the area.

8:42 p.m. Stearns 

Student Affairs staff confiscated alcohol.

9:54 p.m. Stearns 

Saturday, September 2, 2020

12:59 a.m. Off Campus 

Officers responded to an area after observing fireworks there. No one was found in that area and the fireworks stopped.

1:19 a.m. Greenway 

Student Affairs staff responded to a report of loud voices. They found a group playing volleyball with loud music.

6:05 p.m. Beneski Building

Officers responded to an alarm set off accidentally by an employee.

8:56 p.m. Tuttle Farm

An officer took a late report from a student. The student reported that while they were with a group of AC students on Tuttle Hill, an individual not affiliated with the College approached the group of friends and spoke against safety precautions for COVID-19. The individual left the area and did not have any further contact.

11:10 p.m. The Octagon 

An officer observed a group sitting on a roof, which is not open for usage. The group dispersed upon the officer’s request.

11:19 p.m. Greenway B

Officers responded to an alarm and found it was set off by burnt food.

11:29 p.m. Campus Grounds 

Officers observed a large group gathered. As officers approached them the group dispersed from the area on their own. There were no other issues found.

Sunday, September 27, 2020

3:23 p.m. King Dormitory 

Officers and Student Affairs staff responded to an individual stuck in an elevator. The individual was released and there were no other issues.

4:19 p.m. Morgan Hall Observatory 

AFD and an officer responded to an alarm. There was no smoke or fire.

Monday, September 28, 2020

2:01 a.m. North College 

8:45 a.m. Pontypool 

An officer responded to an alarm and found it was set off accidentally by an employee.

1:49 p.m. Valentine Dining Hall 

An officer took a report of damage to a partition at Valentine Dining Hall.

6:21 p.m. Valentine Residential Hall 

Student Affairs staff responded to a report of an unauthorized gathering with a pool.

10:06 p.m. Off Campus Location

Hadley Police, Hadley Fire and an ACPD officer responded to an alarm at the Rodeway Inn. There was no smoke or fire in the building.

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

7:31 a.m. Converse Hall 

8:46 a.m. New Science Center 

An officer took a report of pavers stolen from the west patio area.

Wednesday, September 30, 2020 

1:47 p.m. Nicholls Biondi Hall 

An officer followed up on a previous report of a theft.

4:10 p.m. Charles Pratt 

Thursday October 1, 2020

3:24 a.m. Valentine Dining Hall 

AFD, Environmental Health and Safety, Student Affairs and officers responded to an alarm caused by smoke from a burned out motor.

8:16 p.m. Pontypool 

11:11 p.m. Campus Grounds 

An individual reported someone possibly hacked into their email account. They were provided options for services.

Friday, October 2, 2020 

5:38 p.m. Barrett Hill Drive

An officer responded to a report of an individual not affiliated with the College driving through campus on a scooter. The individual was just passing through and was advised this was not permitted.

8:28 p.m. Converse Lot 

An officer observed an unattended vehicle with the trunk left open. The vehicle was secured and the officer left the area.

9:28 p.m. Appleton

Officers responded to an alarm and found it was set off by marijuana smoke.

9:38 p.m. Appleton

After responding to a fire alarm, an officer confiscated marijuana which caused the alarm.

10:50 p.m. Mayo Smith House 

Student Affairs staff responded to a report of a small party gathering. 

11:36 p.m. Hitchcock House 

An officer spoke with two students that purchased a food delivery without following proper COVID-19 procedures. Student Affairs staff were notified.

Saturday, October 3, 2020

12:19 a.m. Valentine Quad

Officers responded to a report from Student Affairs staff of a large group that was intoxicated and gathered on the quad. The group dispersed prior to the officers’ arrival.

8:16 a.m. King Dormitory

Student Affairs staff responded to a report of a noise complaint. 

3:32 p.m. Seelye House 

An officer took a report of a television that was intentionally broken.

3:59 p.m. Campus Grounds 

An officer responded to a report of possible non-College affiliated individuals walking on campus. No one was found in the area.

4:24 p.m. East Drive 

An officer observed a vehicle without proper College registration and an individual sleeping in the vehicle. The individual was found to be an employee on break.

5:50 p.m. Mayo Smith Lot 

An officer responded to a report of a small group playing a game that may involve alcohol as well as not following COVID-19 guidelines. The officer did not find any violations upon speaking with the group.

7:51 p.m. Campus Grounds 

An officer stopped a vehicle traveling on the sidewalk. The operator was setting up for a movie and was on the sidewalk for the set up.

10:00 p.m. Tuttle Farm

Officers’ observed two people not affiliated with the College starting a bonfire and a picnic on Tuttle Hill. The two put out the fire and left the area upon officers’ request. 

11:13 p.m. Athletic Fields

Officers responded along with Student Affairs staff to a request for assistance with an unauthorized party in the baseball dugout. The group scattered upon officers’ arrival.

Sunday, October 4, 2020 

1:36 a.m. Valentine Quad 

An officer observed an individual under the age of 21 and in possession of alcohol. The alcohol was confiscated and disposed of.

1:45 p.m. Athletic Fields 

An individual under the age of 21 was found to be in possession of alcohol. The alcohol was disposed of.

3:28 p.m. Quadrangle Road 

An officer responded to a report of an individual on a bicycle, not affiliated with the College, that nearly struck a student while passing through campus. The individual was gone on the officer’s arrival.

9:25 p.m. Tyler Place 

An officer observed vehicles blocking the road. The officer spoke with one of the residents from the area who said that they would have the cars moved out of the way.