Val only has cinnamon rolls on Thursday mornings, and let’s be honest, either you’re not up for breakfast on a Thursday or not quite in the mood for those cinnamon rolls. Enter the anytime, not your average cinnamon roll. I know it’s not pretty, but I promise it tastes amazing. Not convinced yet? Well, when I finally persuaded my friend Gaby to try a bite, she exclaimed that it was “actually pretty good!” If that doesn’t convince you, then I’m not sure what will. If you’re like me (and 90 percent of the cinnamon-roll-eating population), the center of the cinnamon roll is your favorite part. Now imagine a warm, gooey roll that is all center. That’s what this recipe gives you.
- Flatten out a piece of bread of your choosing (I chose white bread and took the crust off to maximize the squishiness). You can flatten it with your hands, in a panini press, or just skip this part.
- Spread a decent layer of butter or a plant-based alternative on one side of the bread.
- Sprinkle a hefty amount of cinnamon on the bread (cinnamon can be found by the waffles, by the yogurt toppings in the morning, or in the spice bins).
- Cover the bread with one packet of sugar (from the coffee station).
- Roll it up! (Don’t worry — it’s not as complicated as rolling a burrito. All you have to do is roll it up like you’re in the 1700s sending a scroll to your dear friend studying abroad.)
- Heat it up in the microwave for around 18 to 22 seconds, depending on how gooey or soft you want it.