When I was younger, my family used to watch a sweet yellow labrador named Sundae. She belonged to a family friend, and their youngest daughter chose her name. This perfectly highlights that from a young age, we associate sundaes with the best things in life, like newborn puppies. So as an ode to a precious dog, I introduce the Chocolate Craze Sundae and my own Val-friendly twist on the ice cream sandwich.
- Fill a bowl with soft serve ice cream of your choice. My favorite is the Oatly chocolate soft serve.
- Add your favorite cereal. I think Cocoa Puffs go great with chocolate soft serve, but the possibilities are endless.
- Top with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup from the waffle bar.
- Add your favorite sprinkles from the soft serve station and enjoy!
Directions (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Place two cookies of your choice face-down on a plate.
- Add a layer of soft serve to the bottom of one cookie.
- Add toppings on top of the soft serve — like whipped cream or chocolate sauce.
- Place the other cookie on top.
- Sprinkle the sides of the soft serve with sprinkles or M&Ms for some extra pizazz!